Carnival Cruise Line has been ranked as the most improved U.S. brand in consumer perception for the past year in YouGov’s BrandIndex Buzz Rankings Report, which evaluates consumer perceptions of companies across multiple categories.
BrandIndex’s rankings noted that Carnival’s change in consumer perception score for the full year 2014 was nearly double the improvement level achieved by the company ranked 2nd on the most improved list.
Carnival says its brand recovery has been supported by a number of new onboard family and entertainment programs and innovative consumer initiatives and no doubt an improved perception from 2013 which was clouded by the stranding of Carnival Triumph and the ensuing negative coverage.
“Over the past year, we’ve launched several industry 1st innovations that have been very well received by our guests and provided an exceptional and enjoyable vacation experience for more than 4 million consumers,” said Jim Berra, Chief Marketing Officer for Carnival Cruise Line.
Among the new initiatives were:
• Carnival LIVE — The introduction of this live concert program in 2014 featured shipboard concerts by Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry, Lady Antebellum and others. The concert series continues in 2015 with a diverse roster of artists including Journey, Little Big Town and Rascal Flatts.
• Seuss at Sea — First introduced in 2014 and scheduled to be rolled out fleetwide by the end of this year, this exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises brings the brand and characters to Carnival ships while offering a variety of family experiences.
• Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee — This program provides guests who find a lower price on a shore excursion offered by another operator either before or during their cruise with a refund equal to 110% of the difference, in the form of an onboard credit.
• Great Vacation Guarantee — Renewed for 2015, the Great Vacation Guarantee provides a 110% refund, complimentary transportation home and a $100 shipboard credit for a future cruise if guests are dissatisfied with their cruise for any reason and notify shipboard personnel within 24 hr. of departure.
• Camp Ocean — Introduced in 2014, Camp Ocean features more than 200 ocean related fun and educational experiences for children ages 2 to 11.
“Our 2014 performance in the BrandIndex Buzz Rankings Report is an encouraging indicator of our continued growth as a high quality, fun, reliable vacation brand,” said Berra.