As part of Travel Agent Day, ASTA
released what it bills as the “Top 20 Strangest Requests" made of its members
in the past year.
“When planning your trip, travel
agents know what consumers often don't know to ask," said Zane Kerby, ASTA
President & CEO. “But according to this poll of ASTA professionals, agents
also sometimes have to save their clients from questions they DO ask. It's
clear from the list of “strangest requests" that some travellers need a little
more hand holding than others," he said.
From the top - here goes:
1. Can you please book the honeymoon
suite for us and another couple?
2. Can you please plan a honeymoon for
me, my bride and my mother?
3. Can you guarantee that no pet has
ever been in the hotel room?
4. Can I fish off of the cruise ship?
5. Do they speak English in Britain?
6. Can you book 2 rooms in different
parts of the resort—one for me and my wife, and the other for my girlfriend?
7. Is our relationship like a
8. Does the crew actually sleep
onboard the cruise ship?
9. Don't tell my fiancé this is where
I took my 1st wife for our honeymoon.
10. I would like to go somewhere where
there are NOT a lot of men.
11. I'd like to meet Elvis.
12. I'd like to get married in the
Caribbean on an island where the marriage is not legal in the U.S.
13. Will there be shadows on my face
at 4 p.m. when the pictures are taken?
14. Will you watch my pet while I'm
15. Are there toll roads on the way to
16. How can I get to Europe without
going by air or sea?
17. I'd like to visit Scotland and
Denmark on the same trip. (Agent then tells client he does not have time in his
schedule to travel the distance). But they're only an inch apart on the map!
18. Can you set it up so that the
whales jump in the background at the same time I'm proposing to my girlfriend?
19. Can you ask the airline to block
the seat next to me so I can stretch out?
20. I don't want a window seat on the
plane because I just had my hair done.