Air Canada Awarded “Best Corporate Sustainability Report”
Air Canada has been recognized by the Finance and Sustainability Initiative (FSI) with the "2017 Award for Best Corporate Sustainability Report - Transportation" in Canada. Air Canada was selected to receive this honour for its 2015 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, Citizens of the World, which is updated annually. This is the airline’s fifth corporate sustainability report and focuses on four key areas of sustainability: safety, the environment, employee well-being, and the company's community involvement.
Highlights of 2015 include:
- Lost Time Injuries declined three per cent from the previous year, the fifth straight year of decline;
- Successful completion of the IATA Operational safety audit (IOSA);
- Its fuel efficiency initiatives are estimated to have saved almost 11,000 tonnes of fuel or approximately 35,000 tonnes of CO2e (equivalent);
- $312 million was contributed to company pension plans;
- The Air Canada Foundation raised $1.6 million in 2015, a 10 per cent increase from 2014.