An Ode To Agents
A group of 14 suppliers in Calgary (listed below) joined forces on Travel Agent Day (2MAY) to pay tribute to agents by visiting their businesses and reciting a poem about all the things a travel agent is expected to know and do daily.
In Praise of Travel Agents
I am a travel agent… I have advanced degrees in accounting, public relations, marketing, business building, computer science, civil engineering and Swahili.
I am a travel agent. Of course, I have the reservation you booked six years ago, even though you don't have a confirmation number.
I am a travel agent. I speak all languages and have visited every destination on the planet. It's obvious to me when you book your reservation for Friday, you really mean Saturday.
I am a travel agent. I am capable of checking fares for three people, taking five reservations and answering fifteen incoming calls simultaneously.
I am a travel agent. I know exactly what to see and do in all cities without spending money. I take responsibility for airline food, traffic jams, rental car flat tires, weather, hotel locations and the national economy.
I am a travel agent. I smile, empathize, sympathize, console, cajole, up-sell, down-sell, cross-sell (and know when to do which), perform, sing, dance and fix the printer.
- Carla Moreno – Transat
- Cindy Schell – Princess
- Deborah Scott – Anderson Vacations
- Farole Kikkert – Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours
- Jodine Clement – Barcelo Hotel Group
- Keltie Martell – Sunwing
- Leslie Schaff – Globus Family of Brands
- Lynne White – Velas Resorts
- Robin Thompson – Manulife
- Sandy Ruel – Krystal Resorts
- Sharon Wilson – Palace Resorts
- Sheena Rosentreter – Exodus Travels
- Tammy Vanzyl – Cayman Islands
- Vicky Lubyk – Paul Gauguin Cruises