ACTA, Air Canada Honour Top Agents
At the Travel MarketPlace East event on 22MAY, ACTA and AC teamed up to announced this year’s winners of the ACTA/Air Canada Travel Agent Awards.
The following awards were presented:
- Leisure Travel Agent, for excellent sales and service skills – Marion Primeau, CTM, manager of Sportcorp Travel;
- Corporate Travel Agent, for an excellent understanding of corporate travel from a global perspective – Nour Elzaim, team lead, Vision Travel;
- Ches Chard Award, for a commitment to education and training – Penny Martin, CTM, vice president of TTAND;
- Maguire-Wamsley Award, for the highest mark earned on ACTA’s CTM exam and case studies – R. Ian Kalinowsky, CTC, CTM, president and owner of the Great Canadian Travel Group;
- Tomorrow’s Leader Award, given to a young professional who shows an interest in issues that influence the future of travel – Lauren Harris, manager of Orion Travel/Voyaguer Travel;
- Gerald Heifetz Trailblazer Award, for the individual who has had a significant and positive impact on the role and status of the Canadian travel agency community – Flemming Friisdahl, president of TTAND.