Swoop Launches Operations At Toronto Pearson Airport
Julien Carron, John Sharp and Craig Bradbrook of GTAA, alongside Charles Duncan,
Colleen Ham andBert van der Stege of Swoop.
Swoop launched operations at Toronto Pearson Airport on 25OCT, 2020, completing flights from Toronto to destinations in Montego Bay, Edmonton, Kelowna and Halifax. This week, the airline will begin flights to destinations such as Abbotsford and Cancun.
"We are excited to be able to bring our ultra-low-cost carrier model to Toronto and serve Canada's largest city," says Charles Duncan, President, Swoop.
"We know that Canadians are cautious about travelling, and with the significant health and safety measures we have put in place, travellers can rest assured that their safety is our top priority."
The airline's scheduled winter service from Toronto Pearson International Airport includes direct flights to Kelowna, Abbotsford, Halifax and Edmonton. Swoop is also offering flights to sun destinations such as Las Vegas, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Montego Bay and Cancun. Additionally, Swoop will continue to serve Hamilton with multiple flights per week to Edmonton and Abbotsford.
"We're pleased to welcome Swoop to Toronto Pearson, offering yet another choice for our valued passengers," says Deborah Flint, President and CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "Toronto Pearson is committed to offering an enjoyable airport experience that is focused on health from curb to boarding and back again."
Swoop has introduced new health and safety protocols such as shorter queue wait times, traveller screening measures, increased sanitization, and enforcing face masks to be worn for the duration of the flight. Swoop flight and Gataways bookings will also include no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance coverage.
Highlights about Swoop's service from Toronto for travel between 25OCT, 2020, to 24APR, 2021 are outlined below:
- Toronto and Abbotsford will operate up to 6x weekly, with service every day except Saturday
- Toronto and Edmonton will operate 6x weekly with service every day except Saturday
- Toronto and Kelowna will operate up to 4x weekly with service on Monday, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Toronto and Halifax will operate daily
- Toronto and Las Vegas will operate up to 4x weekly on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Toronto and Orlando will operate up to 5x weekly on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Toronto and Tampa Bay will operate up to 4x weekly on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Toronto and Cancun will operate up to 5x weekly, with service on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Toronto and Montego Bay will operate up to 5x weekly, with service on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
For more information, visit www.flyswoop.com
Swoop President, Charles Duncan and GTAA Chief Operations Officer, Craig Bradbrook.