MSC Meraviglia To Offer Three Itineraries From NYC In Fall 2019
Bruce Parkinson, Open Jaw
Launched in June of this year, MSC Meraviglia will kick off its inaugural season in North America by making a maiden call to New York on 7OCT, 2019 and offering three sailings departing from the Big Apple.
MSC Meraviglia will sail two 10-night round trip itineraries from New York, as well as a third 13-night itinerary through the Caribbean, ending in Miami. In addition, prior to arriving in New York, MSC Meraviglia will sail a 17-night transatlantic cruise from Kiel, Germany with ports of call in destinations such as Denmark, the United Kingdom, Iceland and Canada.
“New York has been a market that MSC Cruises has been exploring for a number of years,” said Rick Sasso, chairman of MSC Cruises USA. “We are thrilled that for the first time in MSC Cruises history we are now able to offer sailings from this important region and meet the expectations of both our travel agent partners and guests.”
Translating to “wonder,” the 5,714 (4,488 double occupancy) passenger ship MSC Meraviglia offers a variety of unique features.
World-class entertainment with two exclusive Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows;
· Mediterranean-style promenade, with the longest LED dome at sea, at 262 ft., displaying a variety of digital skies 24 hours a day;
· A wide range of culinary offerings, including an expanded partnership with global Italian food expert Eataly as well as a partnership with world-renowned pastry chef, Jean Philippe Maury
·An enhanced MSC Yacht Club, which has become MSC Cruises’ signature luxury offering.
In addition, the ship caters to families with modular connected staterooms that can accommodate up to 10 people, multiple LEGO-designed play areas for all ages, and a polar themed aqua park, featuring four water slides.
“Bringing MSC Meraviglia to New York is the perfect introduction for the ship to the U.S., providing travellers an option to check out new itineraries with MSC Cruises and, for those in the region, a convenient way to discover MSC Meraviglia style, sophistication and stellar on board features,” said Roberto Fusaro, President of MSC Cruises USA.
“With MSC Meraviglia coming to New York, and eventually to Miami, we are bringing the three most innovative and modern classes of MSC Cruises ships to the U.S., offering a wider range of memorable experiences for guests.”
MSC Meraviglia sailings for the fall and winter 2019/2020 season
Guests can officially book sailings for MSC Meraviglia’s inaugural season in North America beginning 2JAN, 2018.
10-Night Sailings Departing from New York
· 8OCT, 2019: The first of the two 10-night sailings from New York will tour stunning Canadian destinations during the region’s most colorful time of year. Cruisers can explore the fall hues in Sydney, Nova Scotia; Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and an overnight stay in Quebec City, Quebec, before returning to New York.*
· 18OCT, 2019: The second 10-night sailing for MSC Meraviglia departing from New York will explore Canada as well as the New England region, with ports of call in Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Portland, Maine; and Boston, Massachusetts.
13-Night Sailing Departing from New York to Miami
· 28OCT, 2019: MSC Meraviglia’s final sailing from New York will journey to Miami through the Caribbean on a 13-night sailing. Guests can experience picturesque Caribbean destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort de France, Martinique; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint George, Grenada; Willemstad, Curaçao; and Oranjestad, Aruba, before arriving in Miami.
7-Night Sailings Departing from Miami to the Caribbean
Upon departing New York, MSC Meraviglia will homeport in Miami, sailing alongside MSC Seaside andMSC Divina.MSC Meravigliawill offer a full season of 7-night cruises, departing on Sundays and sailing to two itineraries in the western Caribbean. The first itinerary will include Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico and the Bahamas, and the second will stop in Mexico, Honduras, Belize and the Bahamas.