Royal Caribbean Hopes To Reopen Coco Cay On 7SEPT

Bruce Parkinson, Open Jaw

Coco Cay during Hurricane Dorian.

Royal Caribbean says it hopes to have cruisers back to CocoCay with the arrival of Navigator of the Seas on Saturday, 7SEPT. Initially, the return was set for 4SEPT but given the brutal strength of Hurricane Dorian on the Bahamas this is a positive development.

"As Dorian finally begins to move away from the Bahamas our primary focus remains helping our employees and their families who were impacted by the hurricane," said Royal Caribbean VP and Global Chief Communications Officer Rob Zeiger.

Zeiger continued, "Because we evacuated CocoCay before Dorian's arrival, our only ability to assess damage so far comes from webcams. Those images appear to show the structures on CocoCay came through the storm without visible structural damage.

"We are landing a team Wednesday to make a more detailed assessment and begin storm clean-up. We hope to welcome guests back with the arrival of Navigator of the Seas on Saturday, depending, of course, on what we learn onsite."

Royal says it is communicating all itinerary changes with affected guests and travel partners.

Bruce Parkinson

Bruce Parkinson Editor-in-Chief

An observer and analyst of the Canadian and international travel industries for over 25 years, Bruce uses the pre-dawn hours to prepare a daily news and information package to keep industry members up to date.



Leave a Comment...


(will not be published)