Fly-Drive: The World’s Most Misleadingly-Named Airports
The plane lands at 8. Grab a cab to your hotel. You'll be in the bar or snuggled in bed watching Netflix by 9. Well, maybe not – certainly not if the airport is 100km from where you're staying!
Many budget airlines use ‘secondary’ airports because of the lower operational costs compared to more central airports, which is totally fair enough - it means you get a cheap fare. But do check where you're actually flying to before you book - it's not always what it says on the tin.
Courtesy of Skyscanner, here’s a list of airports you might have to fly from to get to the city they’re named after:
1. Paris-Vatry (Disney - XCR) – 150km from central PAR 112km from Disneyland Paris
2. Munich West (Memmingen - FMM) - 112km from central MUC
3. Oslo (Torp - TRF) - 110km from central OSL
4. Frankfurt (Hahn -HHN) - 110km from central FRA
5. Stockholm (Västerås - VST) - 99km from central STO
6. Stockholm (Skavsta - NYO) - 99km from central STO
7. London (Oxford - OXF) - 97km from central LON
8. Barcelona (Girona - GRO) - 94km from central BCN
9. Barcelona (Reus - REU) - 94km from central BCN
10. Paris (Beauvais - BVA ) - 88km from central PAR