A Light Has Gone Out In The Travel Industry

Open Jaw

Last February, Lynda Sinclair attacked Open Jaw’s breast cancer fundraiser, WinterBoob, as she did every year - with fierce enthusiasm and unbounding warmth for fellow inmates. Lynda appeared thinner but otherwise unfazed by the cancer ravaging her body over the last few years.

Sadly, Lynda’s body finally succumbed to the illness early this morning at home with her family.

"It is with a heavy heart that we share with you that Lynda Sinclair passed away peacefully this morning surrounded by her family," says Brian Robertson, President, Canada West, Direct Travel, Inc. Sinclair leaves behind a 15-year legacy under Direct Travel's leisure arm, Vision, where most recently, she was Senior Vice President of Leisure Travel.

Lynda Sinclair, SVP, Leisure Travel, Vision stands flanked by Stephen Smith, SVP, Leisure Marketing,
North America and Brian Robertson, President, Canada West, Direct Travel at the brand’s POV 2019:
Power of Vision conference held OCT 2019 in Toronto.

"Lynda was a mentor, a friend and an inspiration to everyone she worked with. She brought energy and enthusiasm every day in her 40-plus year career in travel including many years at Vision Travel/Direct Travel. She will be missed by all."

Martha Chapman, longtime friend of Sinclair's and travel industry veteran herself, says: “A light has gone out in our industry, for sure. What a personality she was. We were blessed to have had her in our lives.”

"To know Lynda was to know a fearless woman. Someone who would stand up to any challenge," reminisces Open Jaw president Nina Slawek. "If she couldn’t will it away, she’d deflate it by filling a room with laughter. Lynda was a very funny lady. You couldn’t not love her."

Sinclair first joined Direct Travel’s leisure arm in 2004, when it was known as Vision 2000 Travel group, which she led as Director of Operations until 2008. She then rejoined Vision Travel Solutions in December 2010, working her way up to leading the entire Leisure division as SVP.

Sinclair's experience also includes heading sales at Ensemble Canada and occupying the post of General Manager, Canada, with UK-based retailer Travel Counsellors Canada, where she developed the Canadian strategy and grew sales from zero to over $8 million in only 18 months.

Details to follow regarding memorial arrangements or donations.

Comments

Chris Geraghty - September 9, 2020 @ 14:22
This is such sad news. As a Direct Travel colleague described her - she was a ray of light, all the time. My condolences to all family and friends of Lynda.

Ian Sinclair - September 9, 2020 @ 13:55
Lynda's arrangements information.

Sheila Gallant-Halloran - September 9, 2020 @ 13:48
Such a sad day to learn of Lynda Sinclair’s passing. Lynda welcomed me to the world of travel, and helped me transition from my former career as an actuary. She was passionate about the industry, and taught me its power to connect people around the globe. She maximized her “return on life” through travel, and always thought this exuberant adventure was better savoured with a glass of champagne. She was a mentor, a cheerleader, and a dear friend. I will miss her.

Ian Sinclair - September 9, 2020 @ 13:36
I and our entire family are overwhelmed with the outpouring of kind words - no that's not adequate - such heartfelt words and praise for my Babe Lynda. Lynda so loved the Travel profession and all you who make it so wonderful. I'm not sure passion is a strong enough word to describe how she worked her craft. Years ago, when she was a front line agent, I used to kid her when she would come home and excitedly tell me about some of the adventures she had put together for clients. I would tell her that it sounded like she wanted to find a way to stowaway in their luggage so she could join them!!!!!
To all of you, THANK YOU. Your thoughts will stay with us forever. Stay strong and continue to show off this wonderful world of ours.
The Sinclair Family.

Michele Rauzon - September 9, 2020 @ 12:51
One of the most vibrant women I knew -
She will be sadly missed -
I sat with her at the last Winterboob when she told me her can we had spread - but she was so intent on beating it that I believed she would -
This news is devastating and I will miss her dearly

Paulette Altilia - September 9, 2020 @ 09:01
Deepest sympathy to Linda’s family, she has left far to soon.

Stéphanie Bishop - September 8, 2020 @ 21:10
We were graced with Lynda's presence. Her smile was contagious, her passion undisputable, her resilience remarkable and her zest for life will remain for ever in our memory. Deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Liz Story - September 8, 2020 @ 18:49
Lynda's smile could lighten the dullest day. The Canadian travel industry has lost one of the best. She will be missed. My condolences to her family.

Fiona Bowen - September 8, 2020 @ 17:41
I am so sorry to hear of Lynda's passing. She was an amazing lady full of life, love and laughter. Sincere condolences to her family, friends and the Vision team.

Diane Bailey - September 8, 2020 @ 17:36
A great colleague and genuine friend such a sad day for all but she left us some wonderful memories - deepest condolences to her family

Nadia Granata - September 8, 2020 @ 17:08
A beautiful lady who could shake a room with her laughter! Rest in peace you wonderful soul.

Sandie Harman - September 8, 2020 @ 16:11
A very sad day indeed

Wendy Edwardson - September 8, 2020 @ 15:56
About 11 years ago Lynda took a chance on me as a late bloomer with literally no experience in the travel business. She took me under her wing and I learned sooo much. She was my mentor. If not for her, all the destinations I’ve visited and the clients I have helped and enriched would not have happened. Bless her!

Cecilia ROSSOS - September 8, 2020 @ 15:48
Lynda, you will be greatly missed!
Heartfelt condolences to Lynda's family and friends.

susan webb - September 8, 2020 @ 15:29
An awesome woman who loved our crazy industry. She will me missed by so many around the globe, but never forgotten. Such devastating news.

Dallyce Macas - September 8, 2020 @ 15:28
There are no words to describe the void our industry has experienced with Lynda's passing. A pro, an inspiration, a true friend. Rest in peace, my dear. You earned it.

Ron Lonsdale - September 8, 2020 @ 14:44
Deepest condolences, sincere thoughts and prayers to Lynda's entire clan and extended industry family. Lynda was a remarkable and dynamic women; so well regarded and respected...simply a wonderful person.

Lydia Stiglich - September 8, 2020 @ 14:28
My deepest condolences to Lynda's family and friends and to all Vision family.

Charmaine MacDonald - September 8, 2020 @ 14:22
It is difficult to find the right words to define Lynda! she was inspirational, driven, smart and funny! Our industry is a little less brighter now. Condolences to her family, friends and team at Vision/Direct, she will be missed.

Lora Sirizzotti - September 8, 2020 @ 14:22
She was a beautiful, caring and amazing woman! She will be so deeply missed.
Condolences to Lynda's family and loved ones.

MURIEL LEE - September 8, 2020 @ 14:05
A truly inspirational women, fearless, fun, tenacious but most of all warm and generous in spirit. she will be sadly missed.

Sandra Gardiner - September 8, 2020 @ 14:00
Our sincerest condolences to Lynda's family and work family. Lynda was always such a positive energy and her incredible smile will be missed by us all. Rest in peace our friend.

Leslie Bulluck - September 8, 2020 @ 13:56
Lynda brightened every room or zoom screen! Condolences to her family--they will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Joe Lang - September 8, 2020 @ 13:51
My sincerest condolences go out to Lynda's family.

Linda Josimovic - September 8, 2020 @ 13:51
amazing women, I am so glad to have known her. Sincere Condolences to all the family and friends

Wolf Paunic - September 8, 2020 @ 13:49
Sad day for all of us in the industry who had a privilege to know Lynda. Heartfelt condolences to Lynda’s family, friends and colleagues.

Sonya Thomas - September 8, 2020 @ 13:45
My thoughts and prayers go out to Lynda's family, friends and colleagues. Lynda was the one that gave me the courage to leave retail and start my career as an independent. You are going to be missed by everyone. RIP

Paul Larcher - September 8, 2020 @ 13:44
A beautiful soul who will be missed very much.

JF Camsell - September 8, 2020 @ 13:17
We are so saddened to hear of Lynda's passing. May she rest easy.

Coralie Belman - September 8, 2020 @ 13:02
Such a shock, she will be missed for sure! Many fond memories.

Joanne Bratton - September 8, 2020 @ 12:56
My thoughts and prayers to Lynda's family

Joanne Bratton - September 8, 2020 @ 12:54
My thoughts and prayers to Lynda's family

Brian Simpson - September 8, 2020 @ 12:24
Sincere condolences to Lynda's family and friends, especially her work family at Vision.

Leave a Comment...